BCNC GROUP is an engineering firm with operations in Spain, UK, Germany, France and Sweden. We work with the most prestigious R&D Centers and multinationals in Europe helping them to develop and implement their strategic programs.
Currently we are looking a Product Development Engineer to be in charge of designing, developing and driving the feasibility of plastic parts portfolio, providing the required technical direction and focus necessary to support the award of new programs and product applications. The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a “hands-on” position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere. Working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
Your main missions will be:
• Responsible for the development and validation of designs that meet the structural integrity required for the product
• Develop innovative attachment methods that can be used as a competitive advantage
• Lead the development of alternate raw materials for performance improvement and cost reduction
• Develop expertise in plastic parts. This includes understanding the test procedure, where to conduct testing, and how to design product to meet the requirements
• Direct and assist assigned design personnel with day to day responsibilities on program activity
• Responsible for drafting and maintaining applicable engineering request documents specific to assigned projects, including DFMEA, DVP&R and GD&T requirements
• Conducting brainstorming events and developing initial design concepts for new program activity
• Responsible for facilitating customer and internal design reviews
• Responsible for reviewing Statement of work. Requirements to ensure that designs fit client expectations
• Initiate test requests as necessary
• Must be able to express thoughts clearly and present technical details of our design concepts and technologies
• Responsible for identifying any critical characteristics during the initial design phase that may be required for the part design
• Responsible for working with component suppliers or tier ones as required
• Support day to day problem solving as required
• Support commercial teams in developing customer relationships
• Support R&D or Strategic Plan activity as required
• BS in Engineering or other technical degree preferred
• +4 years or more experience in a similar position as Product or/and Development Engineer
• Experience in esthetic plastic parts (interior or exterior)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook and Customer required applications
• Experience with budgeting, cost estimating, CAD and Catia.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, clients and the general public.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills and ability to multi-task
• Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills
• Willing to accept the challenge of run a project from beginning to the end.
• Fluent in English is a must
• Plus: Advanced level of German or French are highly recommended.
• Permanent Spanish contracts
• Long term projects from design to industrialization (2 years)
• International career path
• Individual training plan
• Relocation help, if needed
• Locations: Spain, UK, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, France or Poland.